Back End Engineer
AEI’s Product team, that delivers the technology that supports UKF and our other brands, are recruiting for a back end engineer. Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About AEI Group
AEI Group Ltd supports a community of ventures and creators focused on empowering future generations of talent through music. With over 25 years of experience, the company works with entrepreneurs and talented people across our music ventures, live events, and community spaces. We are on a mission to transform the culture of the music industry to create a fun, positive & healthy working environment for all.
As an organisation we celebrate and support our team members from all backgrounds and are working to build an adaptable culture of mutual allyship, and an environment where everyone is comfortable being themselves 100% of the time. We actively encourage applications from people of every race, gender, religion, age, disability and the LGBTQIA+ community.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a development team at a rapidly evolving music and media company working on our unique product offering in the music industry.
Reporting to the Head of Product, you will work with a Product Designer, a frontend and a backend developer in this design-led product team. We have plans to bring in apprentices in 2023 in line with a company stated goal to empower the next generation and break down barriers to the music industry.
What You’ll Do/Upcoming Projects
- Development of our bespoke multi-rights product – Transparency and its underlying APIs.
- Take part in code reviews of your peers’ front and back end work.
- DevOps support alongside the back end engineer
- Contribute to a culture of continuous technical modernisation. We encourage challenges to the existing technology and are open to new technologies that will benefit our team, our artists or our brands.
- Iterate on our YouTube integration and partnership opportunities.
- Re-architecture of our platform and the infrastructure that supports it, such as breaking it into micro-services and improving cloud capabilities.
- Build an analytics data pipeline and support the redesign of the analytics and royalty reporting user experience.
- Support our associated ventures (El Dorado Festival, UKF, Drum&BassArena & NCS labels) as required.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years experience in web development
- You are a great team player & problem solver
- You are passionate about writing high-quality code
- You learn quickly and enjoy working closely together, sharing knowledge and collaborating with your product team
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are articulate and personable with a positive and flexible approach to work
- A love of music is essential.
- Proficient in PHP (but keen for multi-language experience)
- Experience with Laravel preferred (Symphony or similar framework otherwise)
- Experience with MySQL or MariaDB
- Good understanding of REST and best practices for building APIs
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks
- Cloud-based architecture (data storage, services etc)
- Experience with ETL and Big Data
- Graph QL
- Experience with CSS preprocessors and Tailwind CSS
- Experience with Cypress
- Experience with React.js, TypeScript, MobX
- Experience with Webpack
- Experience as DevOps or with Linux bash scripting
- Salary circa £50k depending on experience
- Four day working week
- Unlimited Holiday Allowance, Plus Additional Personal Days and Religious Holiday Observance
- Flexible Remote Working and Hours
- Private Healthcare/Dental/Optical Insurance with Vitality and Healthshield*
- Cycle To Work Scheme*
- Pension Scheme*
- Training and Development
- Quarterly Team Socials and Events
- Enhanced Parental Leave (Blind Policy), up to 6 months/26 weeks off at full pay (following 12 months continuous employment)*
- Sabbatical Opportunity (following 5 years continuous employment)*
*UK Permanent employees only
To apply send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com