Those who consider a few hundred bucks for a festival ticket to be a bit of a stretch look away now: Secret Solstice have upped the festival pricetag ante in a major way.
Last year the Icelandic event made festival headlines when it launched the world’s most expensive festival last year – it’s $200,000 VIP package – now it’s doing it again with the world’s first million dollar ticket that promises an insane range of unique experiences.
Already famed for unique locations, Secret Solstice hosts some of its parties in various locations including deep inside volcano magma chambers and Europe’s second largest glacier (which you are transported to via NASA rocket moving equipment). Each location intimate and highly limited, Secret Solstice’s uniquely located side parties are just one of the one-of-a-kind highlights the event has to offer.
Hosted during the peak of Iceland’s midnight sun season between June 16-19, the line-up is fittingly diverse with the likes of Radiohead, Skream, Action Bronson, Goldie, MANT, Artwork, General Levy, Novelist plus many others all set to perform.
Tickets actually start from around $200 but what do you get for $1 million?
The perks are wide-ranging and go from straight up baller (private flight from anywhere in the world, private security all weekend) to stupendously exclusive (private performance for just six of you). While it’s worth noting that the ticket covers six people, so technically it’s a “mere” $50,000 snip over last year’s VIP price, it’s still a world that 99% of us can only imagine. Here’s what you get in full….
- Private chartered business jet (Gulfstream G300 or similar) return to Iceland from any destination on Earth for six people
- 24/7 access to two luxury cars, personal drivers, and private security for the entire week in Iceland
- Luxury 6-room villa for 7 nights in the center of Reykjavík over the Secret Solstice 2016 festival week
- Exclusive admittance to Secret Solstice 2016 for six people, including chaperoned access to off-limits areas of the festival site where possible
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Volcano event, the world’s first concert inside a volcano over the Secret Solstice 2016 weekend, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Private viewing areas for all major acts at Secret Solstice 2016, where possible
- Access to the private VIP artists bar on the festival site, only accessible by main stage artists and super-VIP guests
- The world famous Blue Lagoon reserved privately for an evening for the ticket purchasers and their invited guests, plus helicopter transfers for the ticketholders to the Blue Lagoon from Reykjavík
- Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Glacier event, the world’s only event inside Langjökull glacier, including. helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to the Secret Lagoon party in a 120+ year-old geothermal lagoon (Iceland’s oldest), including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
- Access to Secret Solstice 2016’s Midnight Sun Boat Party
- Private concert outside Reykjavík by prominent Icelandic act in a lava field, including helicopter transfers to the location
- Private show at the guests’ holiday residence in Iceland by prominent Icelandic act
- Private half-day Icelandic nature helicopter tour, to experience Iceland’s incredible natural sights from the air, with champagne lunch at a geothermal hotspot
- Personal engraved and framed memorial ticket for each guest, made from Icelandic lava rock
- 24/7 access to personal assistants during your stay in Iceland
- Private Icelandic dining experience with a prominent Icelandic chef personal chef at your holiday residence on a chosen night during your stay
- Private Icelandic food experiences on site at Secret Solstice 2016 on request
- Introductions where possible to Secret Solstice 2016 artists
- All food/drinks at Secret Solstice 2016, including hyper-premium drinks
- Private whale & dolphin watching tour
- Private airplane day tour over Iceland’s south coast, including Vatnajökull glacier and the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
- Midnight sun glacier walk on top of a glacier in Iceland with the sun still up after midnight, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík, and a private glacier snowmobile experience
- Private tours of any additional Icelandic holiday/tourist experiences where possible, with time permitting
- More to be announced soon…
Anyone got a spare $999,800? For full details (and much cheaper ticket packages) check Secret Solstice’s website.
Image source: Secret Solstice